Sunday 26 May 2013

Review | Benefit browzings





I'm a sucker for benefit products, everything I buy from them I instantly fall in love with, including this product. Benefit browzings is an eyebrow kit, which retails at £23.50 (If you're a student and on Unidays, you can get 10% off from benefit on asos all the time). The product comes in 3 different shades (light, medium and dark) so this is suitable for people with fair hair too! I use the shade dark because it was the best match for my brows. My natural eyebrows are uneven, and sparse... I used to get picked on for having 'a hairy face' and I had thick eyebrows, so one day I decided to start plucking them until eventually I only had half of my eyebrows left and they looked awful, which then meant people commented on how bad they looked, for a young girl this really made me lack in confidence so I've always had a fringe to cover my forehead and eyebrows, in the last year or more I decided I don't want a fringe anymore, and my eyebrows have grown back and i've been okay with them, and now i'm trying again to grow them back a tiny bit so the natural shape is more flattering and I don't have to fill my eyebrows in so much. Sorry for the life story of my eyebrows, but there it is!


This product has become a staple in my everyday routine and I'm in love with it, Although I fill in my eyebrows quite a lot, most of my friends and my boyfriends family didn't even know I used any product on my eyebrows and always remark on how nice they look. Depending on how you use it, you can make your eyebrows look extremely natural or slug-like creatures!. the kit contains a wax, a powder, mini tweezers and two brushes in a compact with a mirror, which makes it travel friendly and you don't have to dig through your makeup bag for several different products. the wax is used to define your eyebrows and shape them, and powder is there to fill in any sparse gaps, both are highly pigmented so you don't need to use much at all (I recommend using a very light hand with the powder if you don't want the 'drawn on' effect eyebrows). I have worn this all day, had a nap, brushed my hand against my brows and the product hasn't budged! it really does stay on all day and you don't have to worry about having an unattractive eyebrow smear down your face halfway through the day. 
I have been using this everyday since January and have hardly made a dent in it. also if you want your eyebrows to look even more natural, buy an eyebrow brush/spoolie to help brush out a bit of the product.
If you don't want to splurge £23.50 on this kit, there are cheaper alternatives to this product (Sleek, MUA etc...) but I think I will continue to repurchase benefit brow zings because I have never had any problems with it and I love it, 100% a holy grail product of mine.

What products do you use on your eyebrows?

5 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! Is this good for beginners? I never do my browns and I am interested in adding it to my routine!

    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's really good for beggingers, before this I just used a powder and this is much easier / gives more definition to your brows! x

      Delete
  2. Lovely post :) I tried this in store but it didn't match my eyebrow colour so instead I'm using Laura Mercier Brow Definer which is great and easy to use.
    Kay.
    www.baninibeauty.com
    thanks for leaving me your link in the bbloggers chat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou my lovely :) It sucks that it didn't match your eyebrows, it's a lovely kit! I'l have to look into the laura mercier brow definer, haven't heard of it before :) thankyou for checking my blog out! xo

      Delete
  3. Brows look great, what a diff a bit of product makes to them x

    ReplyDelete