Wednesday 29 January 2014

How I fill in my eyebrows




 Eyebrows, oh they're a tricky pair aren't they? like many other girls around the world, I went through a phase of over plucking my eyebrows and therefore pretty much having none left, I'll have a post soon all about growing your eyebrows out but for now, I'd like to share how I fill in my sparse brows. As you can see, my natural eyebrows are very ashy and my hair is very warm so I like to use mac charcoal brown eyeshadow to fill them in as they're a good match for my eyebrows, but on the warmer side. I like my eyebrows to look as natural as possible and It's taken me such a long time to get my eyebrows to the thickness/shape I want them but they're still far from perfect, so the products I use to do my eyebrows are: Mac charcoal brown eyeshadow, a mac 208 angled brush, collection lasting perfection concealer and a spoolie (mine's from the Anastasia brow wiz)



Step 1: I comb through my eyebrows and then draw a line on the underside of my brows, this gives them a sharp arch and more shape, I always put more product on the bottom of my eyebrow as I feel it looks more natural and less harsh if you don't put so much product on the top of your arch. I start on the bottom of my arch and work my way to the tail of my brow and then bring whatever product is left on the brush to the inner corner of my eyebrow where I don't want my eyebrows to look quite so thick, doing this will give a slight gradient effect too, as you want your eyebrows to be thicker on the outer corner and not in the inner corner.
Inner corner - near your nose where the brow starts  / Outer corner - the tail of your brow 

Step 2: I add a little extra charcoal brown to my mac 208 brush and with light strokes I add product to the inner part of my eyebrow in upward flicks starting from the bottom where I drew the line in step 1, this will makes your eyebrows look more natural rather than drawing a line on the top and bottom of your brow and following the shape of your brows as it can look too 'drawn on'

Step 3: I then fill in the middle of my eyebrow so that there are no sparse areas and colour isn't too different, at this point I fill in the top of my arch.

Step 4: I add a few dots of concealer on the top of my eyebrow and work downwards and across, towards my brow with my finger, this will clean up any product that may have gone over the shape of your eyebrow, this makes them look a bit tidier, whatever product is left on my finger I take under my brow to clean up the bottom.

step 5: brush through your eyebrows and make sure all of the concealers blended in, and ta-dah! that's how I do my eyebrows.

If seeing how I grew my eyebrows out is something you'd like to see then definitely left me know, i'm not an expert on anything like this but I wouldn't mind sharing my experience!

What products do you use on your eyebrows? 

9 comments:

  1. Your eyebrows look fab! I also use the MAC 208 brush for my brows, it's the best I have found! I never thought about putting concealer to the top and bottom of the brow to tidy up!

    I would definitely like to know how you grew your brows out!

    Paula at Beauty Lover xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! It's THE best brush for eyebrows, the concealer trick works really well to clean up any mess :) xx

      Delete
  2. The overall appearance looks great and very natural! Charcoal brown seems to be a popular eye colour for beauty bloggers. I use bare minerals eyebrow powder and love it. Concealer really does work well for cleaning them up afterwards!

    chandlernotbing.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charcoal brown's such a good colour for dark-ish eyebrows like mine, i've never seen the bare minerals eyebrow powder but i'll definitely check it out :) xx

      Delete
  3. I have serious brow envy, your eyebrows are sort of perfect. Lovely routine as well
    Casualllyawkward

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha they're a bit of an odd shape but thankyou! xo

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love your eyebrows, they have such a nice shape even when you haven't filled them in! Definitely going to try drawing the shape on the bottom before filling them in next time! x
    http://makeupandmacaroons.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your brows are just perfect. Thanks for this cool post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have added and shared your site to my social media accounts to send people back to your site because I am sure they will find it extremely helpful too. train for free in microblading

    ReplyDelete