Sunday 19 January 2014

The blogger made me buy it tag


Who are your most influential bloggers? 
Who are the ones that you really rely on for reviews and swatches?

I'm an absolute sucker for anything that EssieButton raves out, if she went on about how amazing a brown paper bag was, i'd most likely go out and buy one. Lily from LLYMLRS is so gorgeous and makes everything look lovely, definitely influences me to buy stuff, no matter how much my bank balance complains.

Do you buy a product solely as a result from one review from your favourite bloggers, 
or do you look for more reviews from others?

Definitely not, especially if it's an expensive product I look at reviews and youtube videos for hours before I buy something, I'm not really the kind of person to just pick something up on a whim, I have to know if a lot of other people like it.

What is your most favourite item that you have ever bought
 as a consequence of blogs?

The Clarins pure melt cleansing gel (influenced by Lily) i've repurchased it three times and has claimed the title of 'all time favourite cleanser', it's a gorgeous gel cleanser which turns an oil when massaged into the skin, then to a milk when water's added to it. beaaaaautiful!

What is your least favourite item that you have ever 
bought as a consequence of blogs?

The revlon lip butters... I was so beyond excited when these were released, and now I have three and never wear them, I like more of a matte finish and they're just not for me I'm afraid!

Name 5 products you have bought recently as a result of blogs.

Korres lip butter in 'jasmine', Bioderma, Dr. Jart BB Cream, Origins clear improvements active charcoal mask, L'oreal ever riche shampoo & conditioner

Have you ever given into blogger hype? If so, which hype?

I give into more hypes than I should probably admit... the nars sheer glow foundation and it was the best thing I have ever done makeup wise, it's my all time favourite foundation!

Have you ever avoided blogger hype? If so, which hype?

I'm actually avoiding one now, everyones raving on about the Naked 3 palette and I just don't see why, to me it doesn't really look like anything special, It's actually pushing me more towards buying the naked 1 palette, the shades in there are way more up my street. Oh, and as much as I want to buy one of the hourglass ambient lighting powders i'm avoiding that too, they're waaaay too expensive!

Is everything you buy based on blogger reviews or are there some
 items you buy without checking out a review?

A fair few of the products I have to check out blogger reviews, I like to check out a tonne of reviews before I buy anything because I like to avoid disappointment and wasting money on a product I won't use, but I do sometimes buy products without looking at reviews (Una brennan tea flower clay mask, Nivea express hydration primer)

6 comments:

  1. Hey Tanya, just to let you know I mentioned you in a 'Five Blogs Worth Reading post, as your blog is one of my favourite to read!

    http://www.lifeoflibby.co.uk/2014/01/five-blogs-worth-reading.html

    Libby xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's so so sweet of you! I was wondering why a bunch of new girls started following me, thankyou :)! xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for linking me during the bbloggers chat, I haven't come across your blog before and really like it! New GFC follower :)

    Jenn Barely There Beauty | UK Beauty Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw no thankyou for checking out my blog :) I'm following you on bloglovin' now! I think I followed you on GFC yesterday? :) eee xx

      Delete
  3. I love this post!! I'm gonna have to do this tag on my blog too cause I am so guilty of purchasing things mentioned by other beauty bloggers or youtubers! I also purchased the Revlon lip butter after seeing it mentioned on Tanya Burr's makeup tutorial!

    Thanks for sharing this post! I enjoyed reading it :)

    ~Crissy
    www.whimsicalfawn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it was fun to do, I never realised how many 'hypes' I had given in to until I did this post! I look forward to reading yours!
      x

      Delete