Monday 31 March 2014

Mac eyebrow duo | Omega & Charcoal brown


I feel as if eyebrows are an important step in your makeup routine, they can really shape your face and I personally think my face looks incomplete without my eyebrows. I like using powders on them as pencils can look too harsh and often give that 'drawn on' effect, whereas I do like my eyebrows to have a fairly strong shape, I also like them to look soft and natural. I have been using mac charcoal brown on my eyebrows for nearly a year, It has always been a part of my mac quad, and I put satin taupe in a mac duo on it's own as I wasn't using it very often, flash forward to present day I have recently purchased mac omega as I have felt that charcoal brown was looking a tad too harsh against my blonde hair, so I figured it would be perfect to put both of my eyebrow powders into a duo and put satin taupe back with my other mac eyeshadows. putting my two eyebrow powders into a nifty little duo makes more sense, omega is a much better match for my eyebrows as it looks softer on my face, but if I do want a stronger brow I have the possibility of mixing the colours together. omega is an ashy light brown shade that looks darker once it's applied to the eyebrows, it's the perfect colour for girls with lighter eyebrows or like myself who wants a softer eyebrow look. charcoal brown is a mid tone brown which is slightly on the warmer side, this is a cult favourite among brunettes as it's a lovely match to most brown eyebrows. I love how multi use this palette is going to become as obviously they're eyeshadows and can also be used create a matte eyeshadow look if you don't want to travel with a big palette and you can do your eyebrows, knocks two birds with one stone.

4 comments:

  1. I'm also using Omega but my darker shade of choice is Espresso - less warm than Charcoal brown, I think. :)

    Blu Button Box

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to get espresso but I thought it would be too dark! xx

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! I like using Tease from UD for my brows :)

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooh I haven't heard anyone talk about that, will have to have a look into it :) x

      Delete