Friday 5 September 2014

Nars pure radiant tinted moisturiser


I find it quite hard to believe that I haven't spoken about the Nars pure radiant tinted moisturiser sooner on my blog, it's become my favourite base probably of all time! When the weather started picking up at the beginning of summer I was becoming fed up with how my foundation was sitting on my face, it was just melting and it felt so uncomfortable on my skin. My hunt for the perfect tinted moisturiser begun, I read review after review of lots of different tinted moisturisers and one that cropped up countlessly with rave reviews was the nars pure radiant tinted moisturiser, so I popped it into my online shopping basket and ordered it... and I haven't touched any foundations since the day it arrived on my doorstep which is quite a big deal for me. I'll be honest, I don't really have bad skin and as much as I complain about it I know i've got it pretty easy when it comes down to it but the thought of applying anything sheer - light coverage on my skin terrified me because I was too used to wearing full coverage foundations and concealing everything, but all of that has changed and my opinions on lighter bases since I purchased this.

I absolutely love the coverage that this gives, although it's light it blurs out all of my imperfections and makes my skin look really healthy. I find applying it with a brush (real techniques buffing brush) gives me more coverage but day-to-day I just like to apply it using my fingers and it gives a really natural finish and it's quick and easier to apply this way. I have found that it's quite easy to build up the coverage if you apply it in layers but I personally like the 'my skin but better' natural look it gives with one layer so that's what I tend to stick with. I always powder my face because my bases have a tendency to slip and slide off my face but without powder it gives a dewy, glowing finish which makes me wish I could get away with it without powder, but it's equally as beautiful mattified down.

I wear this tinted moisturiser throughout my 9.5 hour shifts at work and don't touch up my makeup at all during the day and when I get home it still looks pretty decent, I normally have a tiny bit of wear on my chin but let's be honest, it's a tinted moisturiser and it's not going to stick around all day so I'm extremely happy with the wear time that it has. Nars have packaged this little beauty in their typical rubberised packaging which is notorious for getting dirty very quickly and this isn't any different to their other product packaging, it. get's. so. messy. On the plus side I'm extremely happy that it comes in a squeazy tube so it's easy to dispense and control how much product I want so I'm not wasting any product but pumping out too much.

Overall I really love this tinted moisturiser and can see myself rocking it all through autumn/winter as well as summer, it's a good'un!

No comments:

Post a Comment